Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tortellini Soup

Ever since I came across this recipe, I have been making it quite often (not by my choosing, but because my husband loves it...what doesn't he love?). It is very delicious and versatile. Like usual, I first made this recipe exactly as I found it...and it is amazing...but I have also made it substituting different kinds of canned tomatoes, adding more spinach and different types of beans...anything I change still works! I try to use whatever I have on hand, and it is amazing.




Tortellini Soup adapted from Annie's Eats


1 tbsp olive oil
½ cup onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
½ tsp dried oregano
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes, with juices (used whole tomatoes, all I had)
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
9 oz tortellini (used spinach and cheese stuffed)
3 cups fresh baby spinach
salt and pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment